After we launched Rishidot Research in April, we got busy running a successful conference, DeployCon 2012, and we hired some big guns for our team. Now we are turning our attention to publishing valuable research content. Our first report will be out on Monday, August 6th 2012. Before we release our first report, I want to talk about how we are going to share our research content and various services offered to enterprise buyers. In a world where there is a term for everything, I can call our model freeregmium (yeah, I know it is lousy). Let me explain how it works below.
We have a three tiered structure for our content access:
- Free Access: All our blog posts can be read without even logging into our website. It is open to public. We will talk about what we see in the industry on various topics we focus at Rishidot Research.
- Registered Access: We will offer short 1-2 page reports (we call them Alerts) for free but it will be available for registered users of our system (registration page will be available on Monday). We will not share or sell your email address to anyone. In exchange for free access to part of our research library we request you that you participate in strictly optional survey 2-3 times a year. All the content available in this tier will be made available freely for public access (Free Access tier) after six months.
- Premium Access: This section will offer full access to our research library. This is for our paid customers (see various plans below). It will include access to all the research reports which we will publish regularly. All the content in this tier will be made available freely for public access (Free Access tier) after one year.
We believe that information should be made available for free so that anyone can access our content. However, all our analysts have to make a living and we need to monetize our content. We feel the above FreeRegMium model will help us monetize and, also, make content freely available (eventually). We have borrowed this business model from the Open Source world where some network security products tapped into the delayed free access model as a way to monetize. At the same time, I want to assure you that we will have good amounts of free content available along with premium content.
Our enterprise buyer side services include:
- Research Reports, Insights, Notes, Vendor/Product evaluations (Subscription and On-Demand)
- Deep dive advisory on our research publications
- Advisory on enterprise IT/Biz needs, vendor evaluations, trend spotting,
- On-Site workshops and training
We offer three different tiers of services for enterprise buyers depending on the size of their organization. We will also offer a custom plan but you have to contact our sales team with your requirements.
- Research Subscription: This plan is suitable for enterprise buyers who want access to our research reports. We will be publishing our research regularly on our website. Subscribers to this plan will have unlimited access to all our research reports (both free and premium reports). They will have access to premium webinars which may be offered with some of the reports. This plan will also give the subscribers access to report author to discuss the content of the research reports. The price of this plan is $5000 per year.
- SME Plan: This tier is for smaller organizations or smaller teams within large enterprises. We offer analyst access to a maximum of two individuals. This plan includes access to our premium research library, unlimited email inquiries, unlimited 30 minute calls/virtual meetings (within a reasonable limit and based on analyst availability). On-site visits, workshops and training are available at a discounted price. The price of this plan is $10,000 per year.
- Large Enterprise Plan: This tier is for large organizations with analyst access to greater than five individuals. This plan includes access to our premium research library, unlimited email inquiries, unlimited 30 minute calls/virtual meetings (within a reasonable limit and based on analyst availability). One day on-site visit included (travel and stay expenses separate). This on-site visit can be used for advisory, workshops and training. Additional on-site visits are available at a discounted price. The price of this plan is $20,000 per year.
If you are an enterprise buyer interested in knowing more about our services or purchasing the above services, please contact the sales team. For those organizations who want to avail our services on an one-time basis, we have some hourly plans available. Please contact our sales team with your needs.